First of all, both keli and I would like to say welcome and thank you for playing.
There are some slight changes to the rules for 2019, so please make sure to read this post completely. New or changed rules will be marked in red.
Start date: January 1st, 2019
End date: December 31st, 2019
Hosted by: keli and stellar_raven
See also: Sign up Post | List of Players | Report Your Bingo | Reported Bingoes | Friending Post
Here's the card:
(Click to see full size)
Both this card and the Alternate text-only version of the card are available in the Unveiling the 2019 Bingo Cards post.
01. You can sign up at any point during the year. You must sign up via the sign up post and be listed in the List of Players for your bingoes to count toward the end of the year drawing.
02. One square per book. In other words, you'd need to read 25 books during 2019 to fill in the whole card. Filling the whole card, or even bingo-ing isn't necessary to play. More information on each sqaure can be found here. Cut outs of the individual squares can be found here.
03. The free space does require a book to be read before it can be marked off, however, absolutely any book can be used for this square. (Note: The free square book does have to be a published book. Fanfic is not eligible for this square.)
04 Wild cards: You have a maximum of two wild cards should you have trouble finding a book to fill a certain square. Wild cards are just that: wild. That means you may use any book to fill the square you are choosing to use the wild card on. Fanfic is eligible to be used for wildcards. They must, however, be over 30k long. No drabbles, ficlets, etc. (Wild card graphics, if wanted, can be found here.)
05.Category Substitutions: New for 2019 is the introduction of Category Substitutions. A list of 12 category substitutions was chosen from all the categories that didn't make the 2019 card. You can see the list of categories in the Category Substitutions post. You may choose to substitute a category on the card with one on the posted list if necessary (if you're having trouble filling a square, etc.). So, somewhat like a wild card, but it's not as anything goes. There is a limit of two substitutions. You may only use categories from the posted list. You may only use a category one time. With the exception of the fanfic category, you must use a published book when using a substitution. (Category Substitution graphics, if wanted, can be found here.)
06. You must indicate in your master post or on your card when using a wild card or a category substitution. (See my 2018 master post for possible ways to do this as I indicated in both my list of books and on my card when I used a wild card.)
07. Ways to bingo: across, down, diagonal, and a combination of the four corner squares and the center square. (A total of 13 potential bingoes.) Please see the graphics in this post for more help.
08. Reporting a bingo: To report a bingo, please comment in the Report Your Bingo post with either your card or a link to your master post. There have been some slight changes to the way bingoes are to be reported this year, so please read the RYB post carefully before reporting.
09. A Master post or at least a marked bingo card is required during game play. The master post can be locked or unlocked at your discretion, but we do need a way to verify reported bingoes. When reporting a bingo, if you are uncomfortable with having a public master post, then you may link directly to your updated card and list which books you read to achieve the bingo. If you need help setting up a master post or learning how to mark your card, please don't hesitate to ask. We are more than happy to help. As an example, my 2018 Master post can be seen here. I marked the card and filled in the title and author of each book in the list as I completed a book. (Marked as new because we've never actually required a master post or marked card before, it was merely requested.)
10. Drawings: There will be one drawing at the end of the year for everyone who bingoes at least once. New for 2019 is that there are no longer any limits to the amount of entries you can earn. Each bingo reported is one entry for a totally of 13 possible entries. If you blackout your card you earn an additional entry for a maximum of 14 chances to win. There will not be quarterly drawings in 2019. To have your bingoes count for the drawing, you must be signed up to play and must report your bingo in the Report Your Bingo post.
11. We kept the categories as broad as we could for the most part in order to make choosing books that fit each square as stress free as possible. However, if you need help with any squares, please feel to ask for suggestions. We are happy to help!
12. It is not required to share your book reviews, but if you choose to do so, we request that you post the review in your personal journal, then link to it here provided you feel comfortable enough to have the post unlocked.
Any questions? Please feel free to ask! Also, please see the community's sidebar for a list of handy links.
**Above all, have fun! The whole point of this is to encourage fun, friendship, reading, and discussion. We absolutely do not want this to be difficult or stressful for anyone.
Reminder: Locked or unlocked master posts or review posts are at the discretion of each player and therefore those posts may not (and are not required to) be viewable to everyone.