There are some slight changes to the rules for 2018, so please make sure to read this post completely. New or changed rules will be marked in red.
Start date: January 1st, 2018
End date: December 31st, 2018
Hosted by: keli andstellar_raven
See also: List of Players | Report Your Bingo | Friending Post
Here's the card:
(Click card to see full size, or go here. Alternate card available here.)
01. You can sign up at any point during the year.
02. One square per book. In other words, you'd need to read 25 books to fill in the whole card. Filling the whole card, or even bingo-ing isn't necessary to play.
03. The free space does require a book to be read before it can be marked off, however, absolutely any book can be used for this square. (Note: The free square book does have to be a published book. Fanfic is not eligible for this square.)
04. Wildcards: This year we are introducing the ability to use a maximum of two wildcards should you have trouble finding a book to fill a certain square. Wildcards are just that: wild. That means you may use any book to fill the square you are choosing to use the wildcard on. Fanfic is also eligible to be used for wildcards. They must, however, be over 30k long. No drabbles, ficlets, etc.
05. Ways to bingo: across, down, diagonal, and a combination of the four corner squares and the center square.
06. We kept the categories as broad as we could for the most part in order to make choosing books that fit each square as stress free as possible. However, if you need help with any squares, please feel to ask for suggestions. We are happy to help!
07. In order to make it easier for us to keep up with everyone's cards, we ask that you make a master post in your own journals which includes your card and will be updated with a list of the books that you've read and what square you assigned them to. We would like to suggest that users have their master posts unlocked, but this is not a requirement if you are uncomfortable doing so.
08. Please make a comment in this post with a link to your master post, so that we may add you to the list of players.
09. It is not required to share your book reviews, but if you choose to do so, we request that you post the review in your personal journal, then link to it here provided you feel comfortable enough to have the post unlocked.
10. To mark your card, you can use any photo editing software you have, or there are also online options available. Please feel free to ask if you require any assistance.
11. The full size card can be found by clicking on the card above, or by clicking here. Alternate, plain card here. Wildcards here.
12. To report a bingo, please post either your card or a link to your master post in the appropriate thread in the Report Your Bingo! post which is linked here and in the sidebar.
13. keli and I have decided to do prizes differently this year. We will have one drawing at the end of the year for everyone who bingoes. You may have up to three entries in this drawing, ie. only your first three bingoes count towards the drawing. We also thought that we could still have a drawing every three months, but perhaps give a vgift or an icon of the winner's choice (which would be made by me). I have also been playing around with the idea of making graphics that everyone can save--if they choose to--to mark things like 1st bingo, 2nd bingo, blackout, participant etc...
Any questions? Please feel free to ask! Also, please see the community's sidebar for a list of handy links.
**Above all, have fun! The whole point of this is to encourage fun, friendship, reading, and discussion. We absolutely do not want this to be difficult or stressful for anyone.
Reminder: Locked or unlocked master posts or review posts are at the discretion of each player and therefore those posts may not (and are not required to) be viewable to everyone.